In The News
Strikes Against Cancer In The News
Our recent news is below, to see key news items from 2011 & 2012, please see our Past News
- In baseball, scorekeepers use a backwards K when a batter strikes out looking called 3rd strike.
- When a batter ends the inning the inning looking at a called 3rd strike the backwards K is Circled signifying the End of the inning.
- The Strikes Against Cancer organizations has introduced our New Backwards K Logo for significance.
- The Backwards K represents our Counting on You and Your Teams Strikes Pledges throughout year.
- The Teal Field represents the Endometrial Cancer battle of our inspirational leader, Lisa Cox’s spirit, will continue to guide us in everything that we do and everything that we strive to become as an organization. Our mission remains the same: We will continue to “Fight Cancer, One Strike at a Time” in Lisa’s honor, knowing that Lisa’s fight was nothing short of legendary. She never gave up. She never quit inspiring. She never quit fighting.
- The Circle symbolizes our quest to End this terrible disease and our passion to raise funds for cancer research.
McKinney Convention and Visitors Bureau Tourism Partner of the Year Award February 15th, 2013 Strikes Against Cancer received the McKinney Convention and Visitors Bureau Tourism Partner of the Year Award for 2013for the organization’s economic impact both to the City of McKinney and for cancer research. Strikes Against Cancer was also honored with this award because of the positive attention the organization has garnered for the city and for young ball players making a difference in the fight against cancer. www.VisitMcKinney.com
McKinney Online supports Strikes Against Cancer and 3rd Annual Spring Tournament February 13th, 2013 McKinney Online is helping the community “gear up” for the 3rd Annual Strikes Against Cancer Baseball tournament and asking the community if we can count on them to support fighting cancer, one strike at a time?. The story provides a short history of Strikes Against Cancer and features pictures of the 2012 donations from the Collin County Baseball Umpires association and Michael Johnson Performance CenterThe complete article can read at: McKinney Online: Strikes Against Cancer Gearing up for Annual TournamentThank you for your support!
ESPN Dallas Snow Day
December 3rd, 2013
Strikes Against Cancer was blessed to participate in the 2012 Snow Day hosted by ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM!! It was an amazing afternoon spent with our gracious ESPN Dallas hosts at the House of Blues in downtown Dallas. Sports fans from all over the Metroplex joined several Strikes Against Cancers volunteers and supporters as found Geordon Cox was interviewed as part of the “Galloway and Company” prime time radio show.
An amazing afternoon was has had by all! Keep checking back for details on Snow Day 2013!!
The Mayor of McKinney and City Council Sign Proclamation of Strikes Against Cancer Weekend
The Mayor of McKinney, Brian Loughmiller, and the City Council announce the Proclamation of Strikes Against Cancer Weekend the first weekend of every May! The Mayor, and the City of McKinney also publish a letter welcoming all select travel teams to the Strikes Against Cancer Tournament.
On October 18th, 2011, The Mayor of McKinney, Brain Loughmiller, and the City Council signed a Proclamation that the First Weekend of every May will be forever known as “Strikes Against Cancer Weekend” for Geordon and his mother Lisa.